Sunday, January 30, 2011

sunday morning rain is falling

some chitchat, anyone?

i was almost late for church this morning. woke up late. drizzling outside. i was making my way to the stairs down the street when i realized there was a huge fallen tree blocked the way. i walk the other way around, but the tree was so big that it blocked all ways down the stairs. so i gotta walk to the other stairs and reached the mrt in about 15 mins -usually is only 5 mins.

as i reached, my friend texted me saying she woke up late, and that she might go to the second service instead. owkay, so i sat alone :(
after church, an auntie i met before waved at me and i waved back. we then made our way down together. she hold my arm as we walked, like a mother holding her daughter. she even bought me some sandwiches when we bumped into a young boy selling sandwiches. in the bus, we chitchat cheerfully, asking things about each other. she told that ci novi, which seems to be her daughter, now still stay at home, as it hasnt been a month since she gave birth to a baby boy. and that she will cook for lunch when shes home. and that her grandchildren was very active, climbing tables and chairs. and so forth. she was delighted knowing i joined the youth last week and that i made some friends at church.

we never asked each others names, but somehow she was always cared about me. i always think of her as my new grandma :)

it was still raining when i walked home. i heard somebody running towards me. a little cute boy holding his backpack above his head, trying to keep it dry. he slowed down right behind me, catching some breathe. i smiled to him saying, 'wanna share?' he looked at me with his big eyes, answering shyly, 'ya, thanks..' then he walked a step forward, fitting his body under my umbrella. we walked slowly across two main roads. when we reached the stair to my building, he stopped, looked at me and said, 'bye bye.' i replied, 'bye. careful!' he hold his backpack up above his head, walking slowly to the other way. he was so cute!

home, i made myself a bowl of hot oatmeal.

happy sunday, world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment